- The PCF8574P is a remote 8bit I/O expander for I2C bus with interrupt in 16 pin DIP package.
- It provides general purpose remote I/O expansion via two wire bidirectional I2C bus (serial clock (SCL), serial data (SDA)).
- The devices consist of eight quasi bidirectional ports, 100KHz I2C bus interface, three hardware address inputs and interrupt output operating between 2.5V and 6V.
- The quasi bidirectional port can be independently assigned as an input to monitor interrupt status or keypads or as an output to activate indicator devices such as LEDs.
- System master can read from input port or write to the output port through a single register.
- The low current consumption of 2.5µA (typical, static) is great for mobile applications and latched output ports to directly drive LEDs.
- The internal power on reset (POR) initializes I/Os as inputs with weak internal pull up 100µA current source.
- I2C bus to parallel port expander
- 8bit remote I/O pins that default to inputs at power up
- Total package sink capability of 80mA
- Active low open drain interrupt output
- Eight programmable slave addresses using three address pins
- Low standby current is typically 2.5µA
- Operating temperature range -40°C to 85°C
- Features ESD protection
- Quantity: 2 units