Resin 3D printing, also known as vat polymerization, comes in three main flavors: SLA, DLP, and LCD.
We will mainly focus on DLP and LCD.
DLP (Digital Light Processing) uses a digital light projector to cure the resin. In this process, the light source is a special DLP projector. It flashes images of whole layers onto the bottom of the vat. Light is selectively directed using a digital micromirror device (DMD), which is a component consisting of hundreds of thousands of tiny mirrors.
The accuracy of printing in this technology depends primarily on the size of the exposed pixel. Due to the correlation of the projector-work table distance (the further the projector is from the work table, the larger the pixel, but also the greater the field of exposure possible), a compromise is needed between the size of the working chamber and the final quality. Systems where the highest accuracy of detail mapping is required are characterized by smaller working areas.
DLP systems, thanks to their great accuracy, are ideal for applications where the greatest precision is needed, i.e. medicine, dentistry, jewelry, model making and parts for hearing aids.
LCD 3D printing is nearly the same as DLP. It also flashes complete layers at the resin tank, but with the UV light coming from an array of LEDs shining through an LCD, not a projector. A screen acts as a mask, revealing only the pixels necessary for the current layer. No special device is required to direct the light. This solution - although much cheaper, is, however, characterized by a slightly poorer print quality.
Creality has developed this 3D LCD printer that allows a resolution of up to 47 microns.
- With 120x70x120mm molding size, meets your daily demands
- 3.5-inch full color touch screen system, support real-time preview, more intuitive to find the file you need
-Off-line printing, support WIFI connect, mobile control, easier to print
- Fast slicing, slice speeds up to 5 times faster than other solutions, a 20m STL file slice takes 21 minutes, while 3D Creator Slicer only takes 3 minutes
- Innovative feed trough, more convenient refueling, more cost-savings
- Rapid screen change, easy to change 2K LCD screen
- Ultra-high precision, one-time molding of complex models, printing accuracy error up to 20-50 microns
- Light-curing 3D printer for various industries: Jewelry/Architecture/Dental model/Game model etc.