The PCF8591 is a low-power 8-bit single-chip, single-chip, 8-bit data acquisition device with four analog inputs, an analog output, and an I2C serial bus interface.
Three address legs A0, A1 and A2 are used to program the hardware address, allowing the use of up to eight devices connected to the I2C bus without additional hardware.
Address, control and data to and from the device are transferred in series through the two-way bidirectional I2C bus.
- Main chip: PCF85911
- Operating voltage supply: 2.5 - 6 V
- Low standby current
- Serial input / output through the I2C bus
- 3 hardware address pins A0, A1, A2
- Sampling speed given by the I2C bus speed
- 4 programmable analog inputs as individual or differential inputs
- 1 photo resistance for an analog / digital conversion of ambient light
- Automatic channel selection
- Analog voltage range from VSS to VDD
- 1 pin SDA to control the input and output data of the I2C bus
- 1 PIN SCL the I2C bus clock
- Integrated tracking and retention circuit
- Conversion of successive approximation of 8 bits A / D
- 2 LED indicators
- Multiplying DAC by an analog output
- Size: 6.6x3.6x1 cm