Raspberry Pi 5 Megapixel Camera Module
Raspberry Pi HD Camera Board V2
The Raspberry Pi high definition (HD) camera board connects to any Raspberry Pi or Compute Module to create HD photos and video.
- 5MP sensor OV5647
- Resolution 2592x1944 pixels for still images
- Video: 1080p at 30 fps H.264 (AVC) codec 90 fps VGA video
- Sensor size: 3.67 x 2.74 millimetres
- Lens: f = 3.6 mm, f / 2.9
- Field of view:2.0 x 1.33 m, at 2 m
- Full-frame SLR equivalent lens: 35 millimetres
- CSI (Camera Serial Interface)
- Plate size: 2.5 x 2.4 cm
- 15cm flat cable
- Weight: 3g
Connecting the camera module to Pi
A 15cm flat cable attached to the module slots directly into the serial interface port of your Pi camera (CSI). Once connected, you can access the camera board via the Multimedia Abstraction Layer (MMAL) or the Video for Linux API (V4L). There are also libraries such as Picamera Python and many others that you can find online.
The Raspberry Pi camera module is ideal for HD video and photography. You can also try the slow-motion and time-lapse function.
Other applications include botany, wildlife observation and home security.